The impact of Bridgeway Capital’s efforts is both economic and social.
At Bridgeway Capital, we measure the impact of our financing and education to determine the effectiveness of our efforts, the benefits to people and the region, and to guide our strategies moving forward. Because of our efforts to date, Bridgeway Capital has made over 990 loans to deserving small businesses and organizations across western Pennsylvania.
Bridgeway Capital’s direct and indirect economic impact includes:
- $127 million in capital injected directly into the region
- 1,093 loans made to entrepreneurs, nonprofits, and small businesses
- 305 loans to African-American owned and led enterprises and 409 to woman owned and led enterprises
- More than $470 million leveraged for our borrowers
- More than 10, 000 jobs created or retained
Bridgeway Capital’s loan programs are tailored to benefit the unique needs of the client, but also to produce maximum impact in the community. Success looks different for everyone. We understand that clients come to us with specific business goals, and we are ready to put together customized financing and educational options.
In the last year alone, we:
- Supported the creation of 38 startup businesses through our Entrepreneur Loans
- Placed 14 Growth Loans for $3 million to businesses who project the creation of 68 new jobs
- Invested $10.6 million in community development projects in underserved communities, contributing to 26 community development projects.
- Made $2.5 million in Nonprofit Loans to organizations serving more than 5,000 individuals in need
- Provided more than 1,400 hours of pro bono business education to entrepreneurs in the areas of marketing strategy, financial management, business planning, and more