COVID-19 Community Resources
We have compiled community resources that are assisting small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- PA Chamber Business resources for PA companies
- Honeycomb Small Business Relief Fund Community-sourced loans for impacted businesses
- Hebrew Free Loan Association of Pittsburgh Nonsectarian interest-free loans for small business/residents
- SBA Guidance and Loan Resources
- DCED Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA) provides low-interest loans and lines of credit for eligible businesses.
- Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) loans and resources for small businesses located in the City of Pittsburgh.
- Kiva Pittsburgh Small Business Microloans for small businesses.
- The Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council Emergency Fund for Artists and compiled a list of national resources, grants, and emergency funds for artists.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation is offering small grants through a quick application form. Applications will begin on April 20th, 2020.
- Hello Alice Business for All is offering a $10K grant for eligible businesses that apply for funding.
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Calculator this calculator will help you to figure out how much PPP money your small business qualifies for
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission is offering a COVID-19 Recovery Loan Program. Email Steve Meredith for more information.
- PA 30 Fund is offering forgivable loans for small businesses
- Chatham Center for Women’s Entrepreneurship Free business counseling and technical assistance for small businesses
- Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence The University of Pittsburgh’s resources, technical assistance and webinars for impacted businesses
- National Minority Supplier Development Council Information to mitigate COVID-19’s impact on the suppliers, including free webinars
- Mentorship for local founders Regional database matching founders with established mentors for virtual office hours
- Swartz Center for Entrepreneurship Carnegie Mellon’s start-up and entrepreneurial resources
- Innovation Works Virtual assistance for start-ups. Inquiries and questions can be made to email@example.com
- Allegheny Conference Allegheny Conference on Community Development list federal, state, and local assistance and resources for small businesses
- Small Business Preparedness Checklist. The University of Pittsburgh’s Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence has developed this checklist for small business preparedness
- Support Local, Pittsburgh businesses can add their listings for free to this nationwide portal that allows customers to support their favorite local businesses by buying gift cards now for use later
- USA Today Erie-based businesses can list themselves in order for customers to purchase gift cards
- Erie Regional Chamber and Growth Partnership They are offering legal insight, nonprofit and work-from-home resources, as well as webinars and Chamber updates, among other information
- Sustainable Pittsburgh SP is offering an updated list of resources catered to aiding Businesses & Nonprofits, Restaurants & Growers, Individuals, and Communities
- Partner4Work Resources for businesses; workers, job seekers, and youth
- Southwest Corner Workforce Development Board Helping employers and job seekers throughout Washington, Greene and Beaver counties
- List of Staffing Agencies
- Virtual tip jar CMU-created resource to help support industry service workers
- Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation benefits for businesses and employees affected by COVID-19.
- Children of Restaurant Employees (CORE) provides emergency assistance to service industry employees who are parents.