Bridgeway is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and a certified Community Development Financial Institution with a mission to make western Pennsylvania a thriving region for all by promoting economic opportunity and community revitalization. Bridgeway assists underserved populations by providing capital and education to ignite business and job growth, develop communities, support entrepreneurs and expand vital services that strengthen the region. Bridgeway serves 15 western Pennsylvania counties from its headquarters in Pittsburgh and satellite offices in Erie and Uniontown. Since 1990, Bridgeway has placed more than 1,260 loans and $177 million in capital directly into the region, supporting $470 million in additional investment and helping to create or retain more than 11,000 jobs. Bridgeway is certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) by the U.S. Treasury Department. Bridgeway is rated by the Aeris Rating system for CDFI’s.
Associate Director of Development
Bridgeway seeks an Associate Director of Development to assist in the organization’s grant writing and reporting functions. Successful candidates will demonstrate the potential to help the organization capitalize and sustain its $7.7 million operating budget and $20+ million annual loan deployment goal. The position will report to the Chief Strategy and Development Officer.
Implement the organization’s capitalization strategy by developing grant opportunities and identifying strategies for leveraging grant funding with debt capital
- Work with the Chief Strategy and Development Officer and other management to craft new initiatives that align with the organization’s mission and appeal to funders
- Perform market and socioeconomic research on the need for new programs
- Lead the writing and development of grant and investment requests
- Build and manage a portfolio of investor relationships
Implement a mission-based performance system to help the organization monitor and achieve the social outcomes of its work and to communicate impact to investors
- Identify and track Key Mission Indicators, such as dollars lent to entrepreneurs financed or number of jobs created, and create a feedback loop to ensure the organization is maximizing adherence to its mission
- Ensure alignment between organizational performance and requirements of investors including foundations, banks, and state and federal agencies
- Communicate investor expectations to team members to ensure the organization understands requirements and can meet performance benchmarks
- Monitor ongoing compliance with grant and investor performance requirements and implement
- Perform ongoing updates and management of the grant reporting calendar
- Draft grant reports to foundations and other investors
Organize and oversee implementation of a Customer Data Collection program
- Identify data needed to fulfill reporting requirements and fully articulate the social impact of Bridgeway’s work
- Develop and standardize data collection procedures
- Direct other team members in contacting customers and retrieving data
- Aggregate and analyze data to help the organization communicate impact
The position will also include administrative tasks such as mailing and document organization and filing
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Writing skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex ideas
- Strong analytical skills including ability to collect, manage, and aggregate both qualitative and quantitative data
- Organization skills including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple, strict deadlines
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to seek input from others, facilitate group problem-solving, and work effectively with others to achieve development goals
- A proven sense of urgency
- A passion for equitable and just economic development
- A four-year bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 5 years experience in economic development or related field
- Grant writing experience a plus
Competitive salary based on experience. Comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement plan and flexible spending accounts.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com, with Associate Director of Development in the subject line.
Bridgeway is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff that is committed to working in a multicultural environment. Bridgeway values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Bridgeway does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its employment policies, programs, and activities.